1. Do I need an appointment?
No, just come on in any time we are open, Tuesday through Saturday, 10AM-5PM. There’s free parking in back of the store!
2. Can I specify the samples I want to taste?
Sure – just give us a week’s notice for things you would like to request, and tell us when you’re coming in. We generally have the most popular things on hand at all times.
3. Do you have my wedding date open?
Contact us to confirm availability for your event.
4. How do you price your cakes?
Wedding cakes start at $5 per person, and go up from there based on the time it takes to decorate the cake, and the materials used. Art cakes have a $300 minimum, and usually serve 20-30. Smaller cakes can be less than $300, but only include New Wave or Floral designs.
5. Does the cost vary depending on the design and flavors I choose?
The cost is solely based on the amount of time and money spent on the outside. You can have as many flavors as you have tiers at no additional cost for wedding cakes, but here is an additional $25 for more than one flavor for all other cakes.
6. What recommendations can you give me to maximize my budget?
If you have a large amount of people (200+), have sheet cakes in the kitchen at $3 per slice. Take advantage of our February and July special to save 15% on the cost of the cake!
7. Do you have a “menu” of cakes and prices that I can take with me?
We have our menu posted on our web site and prices can be quoted at any time depending on what design is requested and number of people served. We have a list of flavors and a checklist you can take with you.
8. What are the fees for delivery and setup of the cake?
It depends on where the delivery is and what time of day. Rush Hour – a week day from 3PM-7PM – is time and a half.
9. Do you decorate the cake table too?
No, we are only responsible for the cake itself and the board it comes on. The florist decorates the cake table, and you can have your florist put the flowers on the cake if you desire.
10. What do you do if the cake gets damaged in transit to or at my reception site?
Call me on the emergency # and I will come and fix it.
11. Do you provide or rent cake toppers, a cake-cutting knife, cake stands, etc.? What are the fees?
The only thing we rent is the cake stand- the plastic columns, plates, and wooden board – which you pay a deposit for of $30, refundable upon return, any time in good condition.
12. How far in advance should I order my cake?
As soon as possible would be advised to assure the delivery date is availible. A month or 2 is usually good for weddings, and 2 or 3 weeks for art cakes.
13. How much is the deposit and when is the balance due?
A deposit is 1/2 the total price, with the balance due 10 days prior to delivery, or at the end of the “sale” months of February and July. If you are picking the cake up yourself, you can pay the balance then.
14. Are there any additional fees that I should be aware of?
Cake price, stand deposit, delivery charge – that’s it.
15. What is your refund policy if for some reason I need to cancel my order?
We refund in full if there was no work done on the cake. If the cake was ordered and inconvenience occurred upon cancellation then we will adjust the refund accordingly. If a cake was ordered and paid for during the sale, 1/2 the price is refunded.
16. What if I’m not happy with the cake?
Talk to us about what you were unhappy with. We try to document all decisions and make sure that you have a copy of your order and any sketches with details of what we are going to produce. If this deviates from what you got or what you expected, we want to know, as it makes us a better business, and you a more satisfied customer. We are not unreasonable, and have learned a lot from 25 years in business!
17. When can I expect to receive my contract from you?
Whenever you pay a deposit.
1. How long have you been in business?
Since 1987… a long time.
2. How many weddings have you done?
Thousands – look at our web site and know that what is pictured is a small fraction of what we have done!
3. Where did you receive your training?
Art school, on-the-job training, other jobs, other people every-day experience, museums, nature, internet, life…
4. Can you provide me with references from 3–4 recent brides that I can contact?
Go on “Yelp” and see our reviews – that’s a pretty accurate gauge of satisfaction. I can’t give you anyone’s phone # or email unless they want to participate in that. We rely completely on word of mouth as our only source of advertising – it’s the best. Do you see anyone else that has a web site that looks like ours? Come in and taste our cake – it’s hard to beat. Even we can’t stop eating it!
1. Do you have a portfolio of your work I can view, and did you make all the cakes in it?
We have several books full of cakes we have made and most of our recent creations are availible on our flickr account. And of course we made every one.
2. What are your specialties?
Really good tasting cake at a reasonable price made by a talented artist with love.
3. Can you design a custom cake to match my theme, dress or color scheme, or do I select from set designs?
That is the very reason why we have such a vast selection – we encourage people to do something different, or combine things to create something new. We get tired of doing something more than twice!
4. If I provide you with a picture of what I’d like, can you recreate it?
Of course we can!
5. Does it cost extra for a custom design?
It depends on the amount of time it takes us to accomplish.
6. If I don’t have a clear vision of what I would like, can you offer some design ideas based on my theme and budget?
We love to do that, and will draw a picture of exactly what it will look like with the dimensions, colors and anything else required. You cannot have this drawing though, until a deposit is secured.
7. What are the different ingredients you typically use? Do you offer all organic or vegan options?
No, we just use all real, no artificial ingredients. We make everything from scratch.
8. Do you have cake tastings?
Yes. Whenever we are open we always have a variety of the most popular flavors ready to taste.
9. Is there a charge?
NO! Anyone who walks into the store is eligible for a free sample!
10. Do you do both fondant and buttercream icing?
Yes, but we prefer butter cream unless it is necessary to use fondant to achieve a look or a design.
11. Can you create sugar paste, gum paste or chocolate flowers?
12. If I decide to have fresh flowers on my cake, will you work with my florist or will you obtain and arrange the flowers yourself?
We have preferred to do our own flowers on the cakes in the past with a call to your florist for specifics, but are open to having your florist put the flowers on the cake.
13. Will you preserve the top tier of my cake for my first wedding anniversary or do you provide a special cake for the occasion?
We have found that it is better to eat the whole cake at the reception, and then provide a fresh anniversary cake for celebration on your first anniversary. All you have to do to claim this free cake is to call us with your order # or send us a picture of your wedding cake 2 weeks prior to your first anniversary – we will provide a fresh cake in any flavor, free of charge. It will not look like your original cake, but it will be elegantly decorated with white butter cream flowers, and taste much better than anything stored in the freezer for a year!
14. How much in advance of the wedding is the cake actually made?
It depends on what we are doing that week – we bake all week, but your cake will be moist and delicious when you eat it! It takes 2 days for the cake to be baked, cool, be cut, filled and iced. When it is iced, it is sealed in an airtight butter cream wrap that lets the ingredients stay fresh and moist. Strawberries lose their juice into the cake, Orange Grand Marnier settles into the chocolate ganache, and lemon curd infuses into the lemon cake – trust us, we’ve been doing this for quite a while!